Mrs. Whitworth's Class - Team 33

Mrs. Whitworth's Class - Team 33
What a good looking group!

Monday, February 2, 2015

Monday, February 2

Welcome to February - Can you believe it!! Time is flying by!

I was not able to be with the kids at school today, but I am really hoping the day went well.  Please talk to your child about the day.  I will be back on Wednesday.

Students are bringing home Feedback and Data Binders today with data from the Week 23 test.  (I am also grading their written story from Thursday night's homework but couldn't get them all finished in time to go home with the data binders.  Please look for them to come home on Wednesday.)  On the Week 23 test please pay close attention to the extended response questions.  We have worked very hard on this for the past two weeks, so I was a stickler on grading.  The answers were worth 5 points and should have followed the RACE method:

R - restate the question - 1 pt
A - answer the question - 1 pt
C - cite the evidence - 1 pt
E - explain the answer with evidence - 1pt
(using complete sentences - 1 pt)

If your child feels they could improve their answer, please have them re-answer the question on a separate piece of paper and bring it back to me.  I will add the points to their grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment