Mrs. Whitworth's Class - Team 33

Mrs. Whitworth's Class - Team 33
What a good looking group!

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Thursday, May 7

Another great day in TEAM33. We did not do any testing today!!...Well, ok, maybe we did a Reading Counts Quiz or two, but definitely no ISTEP!

Instead we worked on RESEARCH and READING!.  At this point we are back on track with our Research.  Students have had plenty of time to complete their Visual Plan. They should be able to show you both their Visual Plan and their Travel Report along with their map and direction by taking you to their online Google Classroom.  Most students are well into beginning work on their visual.
It is great to see so much excitement about the poster boards, slide shows, and dioramas.  I know the presentations are going to be spectacular!!

It was also great to see all the students who are meeting their reading goal by reading the YHBA books.  If your child hasn't met their goal yet, please encourage them to stay up with their reading nightly.  IT IS NOT TO LATE!  All students still have the opportunity to go to the Celebration Field trip.

Just a few quick note: First, I will not be at school tomorrow.  My husband and I are celebrating our 20th Wedding Anniversary by going on a retreat to Nashville, Tennessee.  I am sad to be out of the classroom but looking forward to some quality time with my best friend.  If you have any needs tomorrow, please address them to the front office.

Secondly, I want to take a minute to say thank you. I have been showered with gifts all week for Teacher Appreciation week and I definitely feel appreciated.  Gift cards, flowers, schools supplies, Diet cokes and more.  And as always, my very favorite are all the heart felt hugs.  Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment