Mrs. Whitworth's Class - Team 33

Mrs. Whitworth's Class - Team 33
What a good looking group!

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tuesday, November 26


HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone!  I wish all of you the best break ever!  Of course, I will be worried the entire break, so I hope everyone also stays safe!  Today we took a moment to go around the room and discuss what we are most thankful for.  Top on the student's list were their family!  I am also thankful for you.  I appreciate the opportunity you have given me to work with your amazing children, and the support you have given all year long.  I am truly blessed and thankful!




I have several items I want to update you on, so I am going to make a list, and check it twice, and hope I don't leave anything out:
  • Celebration:  As you know we have been working VERY HARD and understanding and meeting writing expectations.  Today was a TRUE celebration!  Every student in Team33 and TeamShoultz has successfully completed 1. Picking-apart-a-prompt, 2. Planning a writing, and (most impressively) 3. Creating a full page or more of writing.  I know this task was easier for some than others, but that we worked together as a team to help everyone be successful is STUPENDOUS!  Congratulations 4th Graders!

  • FROZEN: Please do not go see Frozen this weekend!  We would like to all go see the movie together.  We have arranged for a special discounted showing on Wednesday, November 11, 7:00 at Canary Creek Cinemas.  The cost will be $4.25 a person.  We are still working on a discounted snack.  All friends and family are welcome! We would like to ensure that ALL 4th grade students are able to participate, so PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDAR. More information will be coming home after break.

  • Snacks: I hate to ask because you already do so much, but if you are able to pick up a little extra when you go to the store over break, the students would be ever so thankful.  We are completely out of snacks and small Dixie Cups to serve them in.  The Dixie Cups are just the small paper cups and they do not need to be brand name.  Snack ideas are dry cereal, pretzels, graham crackers, raisins, animal crackers, etc.  Thank you so much for any assistance you are able to give. 


  • Helping the Homeless: Emma is doing her part this Christmas Season by collecting  socks with her Girls Scout Troop for the homeless.  They can be gently used or new.  They are collecting for adults only.  If you are able to help, please send the socks to class by Tuesday Dec. 5th.  Thank you very much for your help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment